Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pillowcases for Patients

A few years ago I found this young lady who is only 15! She hand makes pillowcases to give to sick children.
Her about on fb: My name is Erin Kirby and I was in a car accident on July 28th, 2011 and I now have traumatic brain injury. I wasn't able to go back to school or sports all year and I wanted to do something to benefit others that need a boost of joy! I know first-handed that being in the hospital stinks and so I wanted to brighten up others day, and that is why I started Pillowcases for Patients!! I want to bring joy and smiles to kids in the hospital, and to encourage them, to NEGU (NEVER EVER GIVE UP). I pick out personalized fabric so each child can have a variety to choose from! If you know someone who is fighting in the hospital now, you can contact me by e-mail at info@pillowcasesforpatients.org.

She works soley on donations. I would love more than anything to have a small fundraiser for her to get donations. Here recently she started making bulk pillowcases to send to children's hospitals. I think this young lady is amazing. In November we found out that my best friends daughter who was only 9 was diagnosed with HSP. I immediately went to Erin to have her make a pillowcase for Mackenzie.


So, my point is to bring awareness to little "companies" that need help with donations. I am going to hold a fundraiser to help get her some money... are you in? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment